Here are some additional items you might find useful to bring from home:
1. Medication that you are currently taking (access to prescribed drugs will vary in
2. Medical history if you are under treatment or prone to illness.
3. Non-prescription remedies that you may commonly use (herbal, etc.).
4. Extra pair of eyeglasses and personal hygiene products that may not be available in
5. Music (CDs, etc.).
6. Warm clothes.
7. A small token or gift for the friends you will make in the United States. It may be a typical handcraft from your country or another souvenir.
8. Some typical foods from your country but make sure they are well sealed or packed and are allowed into the country.
9. Photos from your region and family.
NOTES: United States Customs forbids the importation of unsealed foods and agricultural products.
Participants are fully responsible for their luggage and other property at all times. ITD and its staff are not liable for theft or loss of personal property.